Church Discipline: The Most Misunderstood Command In The Bible
The Most Misunderstood Command In The Bible
I. Going Through Each Text In Detail
- Mt. 18:15-17- A Christian Who Sins Against Another Christian
- 1 Cor. 5:1-13- A Christian Living In Open Unrepeated Of Sin
- 2 Thes 3:6 and 3:14-15- A Christian Living In Open Unrepeated Of Sin
- Romans 16:17- A Christian Who Stirs Up Division
- Titus 3:10-11- A Christian Who Stirs Up Division
- 1 Timothy 5:19- 20- Elders Who Are Guilty Of Sin And Continue In It
1. It is for a local church to not its members.
2. Church is a church activity.
3. These should be handled in a fashion.
4. There are of that should be taken when a member of a local church is in sin.
5. There are steps that can be taken if a - of a local church strays that has been a member.
“Those whom the Lord loves, he disciplines” (Hebrews 12:6, NASB).